Monday, January 14, 2008

Taking a trip down memory lane, cheese and all

My 31st birthday is this weekend and in honor of that my sister, who is 10 years younger, is making a CD with some of my favorite "0ldies" on it. I've been doing research on the songs on YouTube and decided to search for my old favorite group.
Don't laugh -- it's New Kids on the Block.
Now that you've finished laughing, I'll throw in more for you to guffaw at. I once actually told my mother that NKOTB would be more popular than the Beatles someday. She laughed in my face. (And now if you'll check my CD stash in my car, there's not a NKOTB album to be found. But there is a compilation of the Beatles' number one hits.)
Perhaps the cheesiest of all the New Kids songs was "Tonight." At the time I swooned and thought it was clever. Now I kinda groan at it.
Here's the video for your viewing enjoyment.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm working on putting your CD together, but please don't make me download NKOTB!