Thursday, March 13, 2008

For what it's worth ...

I'd like to apologize to people who were (and are) offended by my Playlist column in today's Star.
I hope that it will not diminish the fantastic hard work the students at Shelby High School have put forth for this production. Honestly, I haven't seen any of the rehearsals, but I do know from past experience as a member of the cast (in "Grease," several years ago) that the students in the cast and crew in the drama department take what they do very, very seriously.
So to that measure, I apologize if my column took away some of the glimmer for them.
If you get a chance, go out and see the production this weekend. It is Friday and Saturday night at 8 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $8 for adults and $7 for students and seniors.

No comments: