Friday, September 28, 2007

A fair is a veritable smorgasbord

We had our monthly newsroom lunch yesterday at the Cleveland County Fair. While searching for something to eat, here's some of what I saw listed on menus: french fries (duh), funnel cakes, blooming onions, barbecue, fried Oreos and more.
I have to have vinegar fries at the fair every year. It's a tradition that began so long ago that I really don't remember it's beginnings, only that Cullers near the exhibit hall has the best ones.
A more recent addition to my "must-have fair foods" is Frito pie. It's really nothing more than chili beans over corn chips, but it's soooo yummy. I could make it at home, but it's just not the same.
I'm heading back out to the fair this weekend to see what else I can find to munch on.
(And two pop culture points to anyone who can tell me the inspiration for this entry's headline.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte's Webb