Monday, November 05, 2007

Joyeux Noel in November

I have a dirty little secret.
It's not even a week past Halloween, and I'm already listening to Christmas music.
It's sad, right?
Christmas has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday. I love it. As a kid I'd stage productions of the Nativity with my favorite doll as Jesus and my other stuffed animals as wise men, etc. I decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I'm actually a little sad to put up the Christmas tree.
Christmas was a big deal in my family. It was - and still is - one of the few times my entire family is together under one roof. As a child that meant 8 grandkids (me included) running around opening gifts and eating candy and cookies.
Now we're all grown and our children are the ones running around waiting for gifts.
So I'll keep right on listening to Christmas music and reminiscing ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Now didn't you say just the other day that it was too early to listen to Christmas music? Whatever, at least you finally blogged.