Friday, September 29, 2006

The price of motherhood

I went baby toy and clothes shopping last night.
If you've never been to WeeRuns before, which is nearby in Rutherford County, I highly recommend it. WeeRuns is a children's consignment sale where you can find gently used baby and kids' items for really low prices.
Last night was the pre-sale event for the fall sale. Because I wanted to get Nathan an ExerSaucer, I decided to go.
The ExerSaucer, which retails for between $60 and $100 at Walmart and Target (trust me, I've done copious research on it), is a really nifty toy for babies ages 4 months to walking age. Nathan's been playing in one at daycare and seems to like it, so I wanted one for home. But I really didn't want to pay full price.
I found one at WeeRuns for $20. SOLD!
I also shopped for an infant bath tub. I didn't register for one, thinking I'd never use it. If you've washed a slippery, kicking four-month-old in the tub or sink before, you're probably laughing at me right now. If you haven't, just try it -- I'll laugh at you!
Long story short: For the price of the cheapest brand-new ExerSaucer, Nathan now has:
An ExerSaucer
Five long sleeved outfits
15 bibs
Four burp cloths
And an infant tub.
WeeRuns opens up Saturday, Sept. 30, at 8 a.m. and runs through Saturday, Oct. 7. For more information, visit the Web site at www.weeruns.biz.

No comments: