Sunday, May 25, 2008

How I spent my vacation

I've returned from Edisto Beach, S.C., where I spent a week with my family and in-laws.
If you're not familiar with Edisto, it's about 45 minutes south of Charleston.
If you like having something to do, Edisto is not the place for you. There is only one grocery store. There is no Walmart. There is no Wings. There is no amusement park.
There is peace and quiet. And lots of beach. And seashells.
I spent the better portion of my trip on the beach, building sand castles and playing with my son, Nathan. (I've decided the newsroom would be a much happier place if we all had sand, buckets and shovels to take out our frustrations throughout the day.)
We also ventured into Charleston. I'll be sharing some of the new things to see and do at the South Carolina Aquarium in an upcoming edition of The Star.
I'll also be writing about a new personal mission of my family, saving the Loggerhead Sea Turtles, in this blog.
Check back for more!

No comments: