Thursday, August 02, 2007

To bee or not to bee

What have you been watching this summer?
My household has been tuned into fillers - that is, television series to get us through until the fall TV lineup returns.
We've tried both "Don't Forget the Lyrics" and "Singing Bee." I was sure "Lyrics" was going to be better - former N*Sync-er Joey Fatone hosts "Bee," where "Whose Line" alum Wayne Brady hosts "Lyrics."
I was wrong.
"Singing Bee" - at least for me - far outshines "Lyrics." Where "Lyrics only features one contestant during each episode and moves sooo sloooowly, "Bee" has several contestants at a time. While the concept of both shows is the same (remembering words to popular songs), "Bee" offer several variations on the theme, using various strategies to narrow down the competition.

The only real series I've watched this summer is "Kyle XY." I have to admit, this show sounded a little far-fetched for me, but I tuned in half-way through last season and got hooked. It's a great show for my family - love stories for me and my sister, and scientific, geeky stuff for my husband.

No comments: